+ 1. Maintenance instruction
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engines
+ 4. Cooling systems, heating
+ 5. Fuel, exhaust systems
- 6. System of decrease in toxicity
6.2. Electronic control system
6.3. Electronic control unit
+ 6.4. System of onboard diagnostics
+ 6.5. Sensors of system of automatic control of the engine
6.6. System of catching of vapors of gasoline
6.7. System of recirculation (EGR system)
6.8. System of compulsory ventilation of a case (PCV system)
6.9. Catalytic converter
+ 7. Transmissions
+ 8. Coupling and half shafts
+ 9. Brake system
+ 10. Suspension bracket and steering
+ 11. Body
+ 12. Electric equipment
Place of installation of devices of control systems of the engine and decrease in toxicity
1. Ignition key
2. Relay of the fuel pump
3. Control unit of the engine
4. Socket of 1 data link
5. Control air valve of idling
6. Auxiliary sensor of concentration of oxygen (1 *)
7. The air temperature sensor on the soaking-up collector
8. Car speed sensor
9. Position Park/Neutral switch (2 *)
10. Sensor of concentration of oxygen
11. Main sensor of concentration of oxygen (2 *)
|12. Sensor of temperature of cooling liquid
13. Integrated block of electronic ignition of Toyota firm (IIA block)
15. Sensor of an angle of rotation of a butterfly valve (TPS sensor)
16. The sensor of absolute pressure on the soaking-up collector (MAP sensor)
17. Amplifier of central air
18. The electropneumatic valve of compensation of turns of idling at turning on of the conditioner
19. Guard of devices
20. Fuel pump
1 * only for cars of the State of California (USA)
2 * only for cars with automatic transmission
Control of injection of fuel of system is exercised the onboard microcomputer called by the electronic control unit (ECM).
Information from various sensors tracing such working parameters of the engine as the volume and temperature of the sucked-in air, temperature of cooling liquid, engine turns, the mode of dispersal or braking by the engine, concentration of oxygen in exhaust gases, etc. comes to the electronic control unit. Signals are used by the electronic control unit for the correct determination of duration of injection of fuel. On the basis of the data obtained from sensors, the control unit determines the optimum duration of injection of fuel.
The system is similar to the central nervous system of the person. Sensors (the nervous terminations) constantly transmit signals to the electronic control unit (to "brain" of system) which processes the obtained data, and, in case of need, sends team for change of working parameters of the engine (to a body).
Let's give an example of functioning of part of this system.
The sensor of concentration of oxygen screwed in a final collector constantly traces the content of oxygen in exhaust gases. If percentage of oxygen in exhaust gases is higher than norm, the electric signal goes to the electronic control unit. The electronic control unit receives this information, processes it and then gives command in the control system of fuel injection forcing to change composition of gas mixture. On the working engine it occurs in fractions of a second and proceeds continuously. The end result is maintenance of composition of gas mixture at the set level, irrespective of driving conditions.
In case of refusal the sensor the reserve scheme imitating the faulty sensor which provides preservation of road performance of the car before malfunction elimination joins.
The considered cars are equipped with safety cushions. At any time at the connected battery, the pillow (which has a rigid design) can be developed (to be inflated). To exclude casual operation of a pillow (and possible injuries) when performing any works near safety cushion details, turn the ignition key in the situation Lock and disconnect the battery from weight. After shutdown of the battery wait two minutes (necessary for a full discharge of the reserve condenser). More detailed description is provided in subsection 12.24.
Before a battery detachment from weight be convinced that to you the code of a raskodirovka of the radio tape recorder is known (if the last is equipped with the blocking device in case of plunder).
Follow the following rules:
– before a detachment of any electric sockets always power off onboard system of the car turn of the ignition key in the situation OFF, or having disconnected the battery from weight;
– at installation of the battery observe polarity of connection of cables;
– it is forbidden to subject to strong blows of a detail of system of electronic injection of fuel and system of decrease in toxicity during removal or installation;
– be accurate during search of malfunctions. Even short-term short circuit of conclusions of sockets can lead to the wrong results of check or to failure of one of numerous transistor schemes;
– it is forbidden to repair independently the control unit, or to open a cover of the case of the electronic control unit;
– do not allow hit of water on sensors of system at their survey during rainy weather. At a sink of a compartment of the engine do not spray water on sensors and sockets of a control system.